Wednesday, March 6, 2013

30 Minute New York Strip

My mom actually made this recipe for my dad's birthday on Sunday last weekend.  My husband and I went over to celebrate with them, and I loved this steak so much that I asked her for the recipe so I could share it with all of you!

Note: I call this 30 Minute New York Strip because it actually only takes 30 minutes to be involved in the prepping and cooking.  An hour of the prep time is just letting the steaks marinade in the fridge.

One of the best parts about this recipe is the steak seasoning she used, Dak's Blackened Spice!  My mom and I went to a local springtime fair at our civic center last weekend and came across a husband and wife (Drew & Karen) that make all different kinds of spice blends.  The blackened spice was just one of about 8 spices to choose from!  The great thing about their spices though is that they are ALL salt free, with no MSG and all natural!  We like to do a lot of grilling which is why we chose "Blackened."  We will use it on fish, chicken, steaks, etc.  And you can also use these spice blends in dips as well to give it a little kick!

I highly recommend Dak's Spices because that was one of the best homemade steaks I've ever had!  To read more about Drew & Karen, check out which markets and festivals they will be at, buy their spices online and get new recipes, check them out at here!  You can also like them on Facebook, follow them on Twitter or read their blog!

30 Minute New York Strip

Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
Prep: 1 hr 10 min
Cook: 20 min
Yield: 4

Ingredients
4 large New York strip steaks
1 cup Lowry’s Steak and Chop Marinade
1 tablespoon Blackened Dak’s Spices
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can of mushroom
1 medium yellow onion

Directions
1. Place all 4 steaks in a baking dish and top them with the marinade.  Make sure it coats the bottom as well as the top, and allow them to marinade in the fridge for 1 hour.
When you’re ready to cook the steaks:
1. Turn on the grill to heat up about 10 minutes before grilling the steaks.
2. Place the steaks on the grill to begin cooking.
3. About halfway through the steaks cooking, melt the olive oil in a pan.  Sauté the onions and mushrooms for about 10 minutes or until they become limp and slightly brown.
3. Take the steaks off the grill after around 20 minutes, top with the onions and mushrooms and serve immediately!

I would love to know if anyone has tried Dak Spices before!  Also, let me know if you decide to try one of these spice blends and what your review is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed stopping by! I always love reading comments and questions so please feel free!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...