Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Skinny Strawberry & Blueberry Muffins

Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day.  I would eat breakfast for lunch and dinner (which I've done many times)!  So when I came across this recipe from Kitchen Meets Girl, it really caught my eye.  The best thing about this recipe is that it's skinny, but still has tons of flavor!  I hope you enjoy these delicious muffins!

You can find this recipe linked up at these parties:

Skinny Strawberry & Blueberry Muffins

Total Time: 40 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 25 min
Yield: 6 large muffins/12 small muffins

Ingredients
2 ½ cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup strawberry Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
2 large eggs
½ cup baking stevia (you can also use sugar; start with 1/2 cup and add a litte extra, depending on your taste)
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup strawberries, diced, and divided
½ cup blueberries

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line 12 muffin tins with foil liners, or spray really well with cooking spray so the oats don’t stick.
2. Place all of your ingredients (except the strawberries & blueberries) in a blender or food processor, and blend until the oats are smooth. You might need to stop and use a spoon to mix up the ingredients by hand and then blend again.
3. Pour the batter into a medium sized bowl, and fold in 1 cup of strawberries and the blueberries.
4. Divide the batter equally into each the muffin pan. Add the remaining ½ cup diced strawberries over the top of each muffin. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes & enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I have strawberry greek yogurt in the fridge, that I need to use up and this would be a perfect way. Thanks for sharing with Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh perfect! I'm glad I could help you find something to use it for! And if you haven't already I would love for you to link up at my party as well! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed stopping by! I always love reading comments and questions so please feel free!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...